We’re all about working with the community to make Orlando a better city for everyone, whether that’s advertising your company, promoting your event, telling your story, or partnering with you to make something great.
There are a few ways we work with folks in the community, so here’s a guide.
SO YOU WANT TO TELL YOUR BRAND’S STORY
We’ve got you covered. There are two ways to do it:
- We have a nifty little website that puts you in the driver’s seat and allows you to book your own ads. You can book as many or as few promotions as you’d like in just a couple minutes. There’s no minimum buy, and most promotions can begin running in as little as three days (subject to availability).
Custom advertising packages
- Longer series incorporating traditional newsletter promotion, native content, and social media engagement is where we really shine. We have an incredible creative team who love storytelling and can help tailor your message for our audience — think super clickable newsletter promotions, Instagram Live videos, events, and written content all spotlighting your work in our city and accessible for any budget. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can get the conversation started.
SO YOU WANT TO PROMOTE YOUR EVENT
We keep our subscribers in the know about the best events in the city. There are two ways to promote your event.
- You can use our advertising platform to create customized ads for our daily email newsletter. There’s a 15 percent discount for nonprofits.
Newsletter calendar of events
This is a rundown of events around Orlando happening in the next week. It appears at the bottom of the daily email newsletter.
- We love receiving suggestions, but sending one along does not guarantee inclusion. We weigh factors like accessibility, cost, community relevance, and geographical and topical diversity. Submit your event suggestion here.
- We need to receive submissions at least a week before the event. We update the planner once a week.
- What we need from you: A brief description and a live URL to an event listing (it can be on your website or on any public social media platform, but it can’t be a flyer that has to be attached).
SO YOU WANT TO DO A GIVEAWAY…
Ticket giveaways are a great way for us to give our community access to local experiences, and for you to get an additional boost of attention. We offer them to promotions customers and event partners. They are published in the newsletter and sometimes also on our social media platforms. Giveaways must be offered at least two weeks in advance of the event.
To gain traction, a giveaway should offer the community at least one of these three things:
- A special experience that isn’t available for purchase,
- Access to an invitation-only event, or
- High financial value.
Want to give away access to a great experience? Email email@example.com.
SO YOU WANT TO PARTNER WITH US…
At Pulptown, a “partner” isn’t someone we write about, it’s someone we work with to expand and deepen our connections to the communities we both serve.
We’re always trying to grow our community, so we ask partners to provide an opportunity for their users to sign-up for our newsletter. Usually this is an opt-out checkbox on a webform. We promote our partners in many ways, some of which include: bringing activations to your events so we can meet your community, including partner events and announcements in our newsletters, and promoting partnership work on our social media channels.
Partnerships do not affect the likelihood of us covering an event beyond inclusion in the “partners” section of the newsletter calendar. We like to work together with partners over a period of several weeks or months to ensure that we’re building strong and effective relationships.
SO YOU WANT TO HOST PULPTOWN AT YOUR SPOT…
We love hanging with locals in our community — especially if we can do it in a place we’re excited to help them explore.
Pulptown hosts occasional reader meetups and field trips around the city, and we’re always on the lookout for the next great spot. Know a place in town where we can hang out, get drinks or some food, and chat? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
SO YOU WANT EDITORIAL COVERAGE OF YOUR THING…
You: “I want an editorial feature about my event/restaurant opening/campaign on your website.”
Us: Well, that’s not quite what we do…
Other than our daily newsletter, all our content is project-based. We pick topics of high local interest/conversation to really dig in on over time. That could be anything from a voter guide to a multi-week behind-the-scenes tour of Orlando’s restaurants and bars. If you’ve got a suggestion for a topic we should dig in on, hit us up at email@example.com.
Also, while we don’t usually do articles from press releases, food and drink reviews, or event coverage, we do feature new things happening around town in our newsletter and on our social media accounts.
We have a section in every daily newsletter for media coverage in other outlets, and we love when people suggest things to share. If your thing got a great write-up somewhere else, send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SO YOU WANT TO PITCH A FREELANCE ASSIGNMENT…
We don’t currently have the resources to support freelance writers and photographers, but you can always reach out to email@example.com for the future.
SO THIS DOESN’T ACTUALLY ANSWER OUR QUESTION…
Darn, OK. Hit us up at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out.