Orlando is known for its entertainment and attractions, but what about on days when you just need to get away from the noise and push the good ol’ reset button? Outside of hanging in and cozying up with a good book, here are five ways I would choose to take a mental health day:
- Pick oranges at a local orange grove: Ridge Island Groves in Haines City lets you pick your oranges straight from the tree and if that doesn’t sound like a cup of liquid sunshine to perk you up, I don’t know what does. Hours are Monday through Saturday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Go berry-picking. Sure, oranges are great but what’s really in season right now are berries and this roundup of more than 20 u-pick farms in Central Florida is just what the doctor ordered.
- Get out on the water. My friend, Dena Davis, won’t believe that I typed this, but I wouldn’t mind knocking off this list of 10 best places to kayak and paddleboard in Central Florida.
- Be one with nature and the animals by checking out the new safari ride at Wild Florida. As seen in the photo above, it’s pretty picturesque in Kenansville and Wild Florida’s drive-through safari park allows you to feed giraffes from the comfort of your car. Gassing up now.
- Take a yoga class under the stars. Everybody’s doing it. Whether it’s from the rooftop at The Balcony or the EO Inn, or outdoors at Orlando Brewing or Lake Eola, yoga outside is life-changing, especially when the weather’s “cooler” like it is right now.
Got tips for how to unwind when you need a mental health day? Let us hear ‘em. Send an email to [email protected], subject line: Help me help you.