Getting the deets on the local finds for shopping this season.
By: Kit Mohr
Here’s to hoping you’ve all enjoyed getting the inside track on this city’s festivities this week.
We’ve packed the end of the week full with a shopping guide of some of Orlando’s best hidden gems for local goods.
Let’s dive in!
Strolling through the O-town’s districts
- Eyre Home – Family-owned and run, this adorable store carries curated home goods, vintage goods, Cisco furniture and children’s toys. Make sure you check out the children’s section through the secret Narnia door!
- Soshin/With Ease – Come to Soshin for adventure goods, rock climbing gear and apparel, and With Ease for easy-to-care-for plants, plant accessories, and cute home goods!
- Echoes of Retro – For the mid-century modern lovers, come find furniture, home goods, decor, records, and all things vintage.
- Maffreys – Sustainable gifts and accessories for personal, home, pets and bar. Also voted Orlando’s Best Gift Shop of 2021!
- DePalma – Caribbean-inspired swimwear and resort wear, as well as jewelry, clothing furniture and decor. Come get all the chic clothing and accessories for your resident cool girl.
- Etoille – Orlando’s Original Style Hub since 2006. Unique styles for you and your home from local makers and vintage goods.
- Easy Luck / Whippoorwill Beer House & Package Store – This local coffee shop and bar is a great place to find gifts for your favorite coffee snob. Grab a beverage while you’re here.
- Colonial Plaza – If you’re short on time and inspiration, this plaza has all of your needs: Old Navy, 5 Below, Ulta, Marshalls, Ross, Hobby Lobby, etc.
- Lake Eola Farmers Market – Lakefront market on Sundays only, with seasonal fruits and vegetables, prepared foods and local handicrafts.
- La Castro – Clothing store that specializes in Brazilian swimwear and men’s fashion.
- Remix – Get your vinyl, turntables, CDs, tapes, shirts, and CBD here. Remix carries Alternative, Indie Rock, Punk, Heavy Metal, Hip Hop, R&B, Soul, Electronic, and Pop Music.
- Sam Flax – Known for being an art store, you can not only gift your favorite artist art supplies, but also get something from a robust gift section that includes stationary, decor, books, and other beautifully designed items.
- Sunny State Co – Fun, bright, and stylish, this inclusive retail boutique sells clothing, accessories, and gifts. If you need a crop top, they’re got you covered.
- House on Lang – HOL has it all: women’s clothing from casual to chic, men’s casual clothing, vintage clothing, and home decor and goods. HOL also has markets and classes. Check their schedule for their maker markets and classes.
Audubon Park Garden District
- The Lovely – Local shop featuring vintage apparel for men and women, mid century-modern furniture and handmade gifts.
- The Neighbors Retail & Cocktail – Part cocktail bar, part chef’s table and neighborhood store, there is something for everyone at The Neighbors. The store is stocked with brands and goods from local makers ranging from hot sauce, dog-themed goods, accessories, clothing, stationary, candles, and a plethora of other goods.
- Owls Attic – Warm, cozy shop offering a variety of men’s and women’s vintage clothing, plus home decor items and more. They also carry local clothing lines and jewelry makers like Just Okay Co, Carlapoma, and Gypset Co.
- Park Ave CDs – Indie music retailer offering new and used CDs and LPs, plus a range of T-shirts & gifts. Head to the back for kitschy candles, irreverent socks, Funkos, books, puzzles, and all sorts of fun nerdy goods.
- Orlando Outfitters – Fly-fishing specialist with brand-name equipment and travel gear, plus outdoor clothes and accessories.
- Freehand Goods – Located at the back of East End market, you can find leather goods, scented candles, clothing, men’s grooming products, and goods and wares for the home. If you can’t find what you are looking for, they also have a larger location on Curry Ford that has a hat-making bar and a candle-making bar.
- Good Crowd – A modern gift shop with loads of personality, Good Crowd carries home goods, decor, stationary, jewelry, accessories, greeting cards, candles, home fragrance, and all the local and Florida-themed merch!
- Form Function Form – Handcrafted leather goods galore. You can find watches, wallets, smart watch bands, folios, bags, fobs, and pretty much any leather accessory at Form Function Form. Best of all, if they don’t have it, they can make it for you.
- Infusion Tea – Aside from the dozens of tea flavors they carry and the abundance of tea-making and serving accessories, Infusion also has a gift shop! Their gift section carries stationary, home goods, jewelry, accessories, and gifts a plenty. Designs range from inspirational to sassy.
- Bijou Boutique – Come to Bijou for upscale “one-of-a-kind” clothing, shoes, accessories, gifts, cards and more. Bijou carries brands like Habitat, Bali, Michael Tyler, and Chalet.
- Naked Bar Soap – Using plant-based ingredients, Naked Bar Soap Co. is dedicated to creating quality bath and body products accessible to everyone. Come for the great-smelling soaps and stay for the sustainability and Black Latina magic.
If you stumble upon any great treasures or memories in the making, be sure to tag us at @pulptown so we can share with the community.
Until next time!
Tell a friend to subscribe.